The Episcopal Diocese of Central Philippines (EDCP) is one of the three original dioceses created in October 1971 from the Missionary Diocese of the Philippines of the Episcopal Church in the United States of America. It had its primary convention in 1972 with the Rt. Rev. Benito C. Cabanban as its first Diocesan Bishop.
The Diocese, since its creation in 1971, gave birth to the Episcopal Diocese of North Central Philippines in 1989 and the carving out in 1991 of the Cathedral Heights to become the Metropolitan See. This left the diocese with a cathedral, 3 full-pledged parishes, 14 organized mission, 14 preaching stations and 3 educational institutions.
EDCP covers Metro Manila and the provinces of Rizal, Bulacan, Laguna, Quezon, Palawan, Cavite, Batangas, Bataan, Occidental Mindoro and Nueva Ecija. St. Stephen’s Parish at 1267 G. Masangkay Street, Sta. Cruz, Manila is the Pro-Cathedral.
Within ten years (1997-2007), the EDCP envisions itself as a self-supporting diocese with a substantial increase in the number of Christian Communities, whose clergy and lay people are aggressive, committed, spiritually-filled, and involved in the life and work of the diocese in terms of worship, service and witness to Christ in the world.
The EDCP participates in the mission of God to proclaim His Kingdom by word, sacraments, and deeds to enable the people to fully live and share the worship, service and witness of Christ in the world.
The Rt. Rev. Rex Resurreccion B. Reyes, Jr.
Quirino Highway Rivera Compound Brgy, Kaligayahan, Novaliches
Quezon City , Philippines 1124
Telephone: (02) 283 7790
For live streaming services and inspiring stories, Check out EDCP’S official Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/edcpofficialpage/